The Tao Te Ching written by Lao Tsu is over 2,500 years old. It’s wisdom speaks through the centuries to us today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend but keep in mind Number 9 of Lao Tsu’s essential Tao. “Better stop short than fill to the brim. Over sharpen the blade, and the edge will soon blunt. Amass a store of gold and jade, and no one can protect it. Claim wealth and titles and disaster will follow. Retire when the work is done. That is the way to heaven.”
The next meditation is the “Scudder Technique.” This is one to begin your work week with. Practice before Monday and it will allow you to de-stress when your normal pressures are back in full swing.
Scudder Technique- This technique was first coined by Janet Menken, the founder of Healing Touch. It is a gentle technique that can be done on oneself or another. It can reduce stress and promote relaxation.
1. Brush both your hands across your head three times, visualizing you are pulling off troubling or stressful thoughts.
2. Next, brush across your forehead three times
3. Let your hands come down your face then reach around to your shoulders. Rub your shoulders and your neck.
4. Rake your fingers up the back of your head and visualize pulling out negative energy. Repeat 2 more times
5. Take both hands and bring them down the center of your body beginning at your heart, down to your lap and upward off of you. Repeat 2 more times. Let your hands rest at your heart and breathe in.
6. 6. Take the right hand and start at the left shoulder, moving down to the elbow and then to the hands. Give yourself a hand massage. Repeat 2 more times.
7. Take the left hand and repeat the same movement, massaging your right hand. Repeat 2 more times
8. Put both the right hand and the left hand on the left hip and let the right hand move down the front of your leg as the left hand moves down the back left leg.
9. Give yourself a short foot massge. Repeat twice
10. Change legs and hands. Left hand moves down the front of the right leg, right hand moves down the back. Massage the right foot.
11. Breathe, close your eyes and check in with yourself.
For more information check out Healing Touch International